View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:25 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quocsan View Post
I see. But I meant title in UNICODE (eBook => 'Sách Điện Tử' in Vietnamese).
MobiPerl cannot deal with title in UNICODE.
I have changed eBooks' titles with WinHex. But I dislike to do that by hand.
OK, I'll try with ... Google.
Thank you for attention.
Oh - having double-checked, I find I was wrong in my initial assumption - that title couldn't be in unicode. If the book is set up as a UTF-8 book, then the title field in the first record is stored and interpreted as UTF-8.

Of course, that means that in Windows Latin-1 Mobipocket books it's interpreted as Windows Latin-1 encoded. So it's not possible to give a unicode name to just any Mobipocket book, but it should be possible on Unicode Mobipocket books.

I have much too much on at the moment, but it's an interesting idea.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote