View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
For those who think $9.95 too much for a new book/bestseller...

I've seen plenty of posts around mobileread the past while of people thinking 9.95 USD too much to pay for a new release or bestseller ebook. Not to mention the complaints about backlist title prices...

I thought I'd give some of our international readers (and I very carefully won't mention any specific country) a small glimpse as to what book prices can be like in another country.

I would like to direct your attention here. This is really the only option NZer's have when it comes to buying books. Those lucky enough to live in the main centres have access to Borders, but, surprise surprise, prices are generally the same.

For those who haven't followed the link, let me summarize for you.
In general, adult paperbacks START at around $19 NZD, and hardbacks are generally priced anywhere from about $45 NZD all the way up to about $65 NZD. The only adult books that are significantly cheaper than this are a select few "popular" books (for eg: Dan Brown).

The current exchange rate at the moment is 1.00 NZD = 0.678 USD

There, got that off my chest...

Last edited by sherman; 08-15-2009 at 05:53 AM.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote