View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #10
smihaila
smihaila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klastes View Post
I don't know which method is easiest because I newer use mfgtools.
Ok. If you have a method that doesn't make use of mfgtools, I see no problem in following it.

Quote:
In my method are these steps:
Flash with prepared firmware .
Can you please help with such prepared firmware? I presume it's some ArtaTech firmware (doesn't actually matter if it's not the latest), but its zip file would be created with the Booxtor's master password? In such way that it would be recognized by my current Booxtor's kernel "updater.sh" script?

Quote:
Then you must do hard reset with reset button because reader won't to boot (even after the reset it's hangs on loading )
Now put original firmware you want from the web and flash again and enjoy rebranded m92.
Excellent, it makes perfect sense. The only thing missing is that pre-fabricated firmware from Step #1.

Quote:
I've prepared this method prior to mfgtools because I own booxtor m92 and I want change to arts tech. I've tried to change firmware in legal way - contact with artatech but they refused. This method working with onyx white m92 booxtor and with black pearl m92 from artatech.
That's great, thank you for your input on this. I appreciate if you could provide me with some URL address in the "cloud" in order to download that special "bootstrapping" firmware?

Thanks again.
smihaila is offline   Reply With Quote