View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #66
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Then the consumers would obviously reject that. However, they didn't reject the ad-supported KSO. In the contrary, the KSO was a huge success. My recollection when the KSO came out was that many naysayers proclaimed it DOA because consumers would reject any ads associated withthe ebook reading experience. The naysayers were dead wrong then, and they will most likely be proved wrong again.
I really believe that if the ads had been inside the book instead of only on certain "menu" pages, I think it would have been DoA. Why do you think VCR's became so popular? They were used (massively!) to tape shows on TV to watch them back later and you could fastforward through the commercials. These days, the ability to pause the program you're watching is hot, because, hey, you can fastforward through the commercials...

Would I buy (or download it for free) a book that contains ads? Hell no. Would I buy book that collects demographics information? When hell freezes over, and probably not even then. I'll buy DVD's of series that I want to see without commercials, why then would I want to read a book that contains those commercials again (in the form of ads)?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote