View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 03:28 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocrat View Post
The second navigation problem is once you've opened a book. You can go to any given page, but unlike Mobireader for example the Cybook does not tell you which page you are currently reading; so it's guesswork (though of course you can bookmark pages).
But what meaning would page numbers have, given that they would be different for every font and font size? Your page 100 in a given book would almost certainly not be the same as my page 100. Given that I read a book at different font sizes to suit the lighting conditions, my page 100 in the middle of the day wouldn't even be the same as my page 100 in the same book in the evening. It really is an almost meaningless thing to display!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote