View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Best first steps with Kindle

I am planning on ordering a Kindle this week. I am trying to time it so I can go pick it up on Saturday from the post office (I will not be able to get to the post office before then). I want to do the best first steps with it so it is charged and ready to go ASAP with all my content loaded on it (I already have a lot of books). My question is, somebody told me to 'go slow' with adding content as it will try to index them and may freeze if I add too much at once. So what are the best steps here? I have about 800 books, and will probably want to put 500 or so onto the Kindle (I know it can hold more books than the Sony can).

One advantage of the Kindle over the Sony I have now is apparently you can use it while it is charging. So I thought I could load it up and experiment a little during the day, then leave it plugged into my computer overnight. Is that going to be enough time for it to charge and index? If I follow this plan, will I avoid the freezing/indexing issue? Or is it better to load, say, 50 a day until everything is on there?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote