View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Very interesting.
There always is a lot of controversy when popular books are adapted to other media and there is no doubt there will be multiple crapstorms if the movie ever gets made.
(There was a previous attempt at filming the Honorverse that ended up aborted--that was for a TV series.)
Conceptually, I agree with both "adjustments" they've made: telling BASILISK STATION as flashbacks from a framework out of IN ENEMY HANDS, and basing the first movie on THE HONOR OF THE QUEEN which is one of the simplest (plotwise) and shortest stories (by internal timekeeping) in the series. A lot easier to adapt to a movie than most of the latter novels...
For all that I'd be in line on day one, I'm somewhat dubious that they can carry the project through to completion. I'm getting the impression that the comic and the game are really intended to secure major studio funding.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote