View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #11
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
I've enjoyed them all. I prefer to think of his sentence structure as "creative use of language" and would be disappointed if he changed his style. His bad guys tend to be over the top evil and gross me out but, I guess, that justifies Reacher's response to them.

I like that Reacher is an extreme wanderer with no home base at all. I like that he owns only the clothes on his back and a folding toothbrush. I'm a non materialistic wanderer myself. When I feel bad about being so out of step with the rest of the modern western world, I read some Reacher and decide that I'm a tame little pack rat.

Killing Floor is the first published. Number 8, The Enemy, is a prequel set in 1990 when Reacher was still an Army MP. The rest follow along in time but it’s really not that important to read them in order.

I was going to describe this series as the guy equivalent of “Chick Lit” (Boy Books? Stud Fun?). When checking the official web site, I noticed a forum for fans. Women are very active there. Is anyone else surprised by that?
John K is offline   Reply With Quote