View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are plugins to read metadata from archive files as well. They look for well known ebook types inside the archive and read the metadata from them. If that's not working, please file a bug report, witha test case and I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've just been looking at the built-in file type plug-ins, and I can see that for most of them reading the metadata from the original file will work.

But what about your Archive Extract Filetype plug-in? Doesn't it have the same problem that my plug-in has - no meta data extracted from the file?

(goes to check)
Yes, it does - If I put a (non-DRMed) Mobipocket file into a zip archive and import it, it imports as a PRC format file, and can be viewed in the viewer, but no metadata has been read for it.

Should I raise an enhancement request for this? Of can you think of a work-around?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote