View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritbj View Post
my android version is 3.2 and it says there is no update.
I only have one google play account not multiple and it is set correctly, CC is not the only app I ever bought from GP.
it dose show "open" and "uninstall" on google play.

tried all of what you suggested, still no go I'm gona be patient and wait for Steven to get some free time to look at this. thank you for trying so hard to help me.
Hi Orit, this is very perplexing. If you've done a clear-data on the Google Play app on your tablet, and uninstalled/reinstalled Calibre Companion, and yet you're still getting the licensing problem, then that means that Google Play is specifically telling us that your purchase is invalid. I haven't a clue why that would be, if GP thinks your purchase *is* valid on your phone.

(The reason we ask to uninstall Calibre Companion, then clear data on the GP app and finally reinstall CC is that both our app and the Google Play app on your device save the licensed/unlicensed message the main Google server sends when you first try. Sometimes it takes the main Google server a while to realise that your purchase worked, so it sends a "Not licensed" message, which is then saved on your device for some time. The copy of the message on your device is then what is checked next time you try launching the app, rather than asking the main Google Play servers again. By clearing data on the Google Play app on your device and uninstalling/reinstalling, we make absolutely sure that it asks the servers again rather than checking an old message.)

Anyway. I'm not sure what to suggest right this moment... I'll keep thinking if there's anything we can do and get back to you as soon as I have another idea.

Actually, I did just have another question - what phone are you using, which worked, and which version of Android does it have? (Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere!)
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote