View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
|2eason
Connoisseur
|2eason is on a distinguished road

Device: Tatung Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Two things I'd point out, though. I really think that a 12" screen is probably a better minimum size, and Letter/A4 would be ideal, since so much is formatted to that size.
That would be perfect. My tablet is a 12" and it's just right for PDFs. But, I was trying to use current technology and afaik 10" Einks are the largest available.
Quote:
The other thing is you mention universities saving money on books by switching to e-devices -- they wouldn't, since they don't generally pay for the books now, but the students could potentially save substantially ... if the system weren't set up specifically to milk them as much as possible.
Well, I'd imagine it's country specific to a certain extent. Surely someone somewhere along the line pay for the books, whether it's the university, the government or the publisher through lost profits.

The rest of what you say, I totally agree with. I think there's a huge market for it, but none of the current crop of companies (sony, irex etc) seem to be geared up for it, or even considering it.

Last edited by |2eason; 07-16-2007 at 06:41 PM.
|2eason is offline   Reply With Quote