View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #267
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralm View Post
I'll confess that I didn't read through all the pages of this thread to see if this one had already been listed, but I did check the last few pages. Germs, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are Today by David P. Clark - I'm enjoying it so far, very interesting.
I really enjoyed that book.

I'd also recommend the book "On Intelligence" to anyone who is interested in how the brain works. One of the authors, formerly a chip designer at Intel turned biologist lays out his theory on how the brain works and why AI doesn't. The difference between this book and others on the brain is that it lays out a complete framework on how the brain works, rather than analysing any particular piece.

On Intelligence is from 2004, but the authors' theory is still a good one.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote