View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Chris P Bacon
Chris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enoughChris P Bacon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
Hi,
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
John Buchan is a favourite of mine. I also have a Stephen Booth in paper format on my to be read pile. (I think it is Black Dog).
I have already found one of the drawbacks of e reading.
I have just spent £6 on downloading a book which I realised about 3 pages in I have aleady read.Ho hum.
Anyway I have a couple of paper books I got for Christmas that I need to get through before I can apply myself fully to my new toy.
I have to add my agreement that it seems a bit harsh (as my 12 year old son would say) that we are expected to pay the same for an e book as for a paper copy. I am thinking that is you buy the paper copy perhaps you could get some sort of a code to download the e version.
But then again they seem to love selling us things we already own. Just look how many of us buy CDs of albums we owned on vinyl. I always think that if you bought a vinyl copy you should at least get a discount on the CD as you have already bouhht the copyright once.
Right well rant over and I will get back to my reading.
Cheers all
Chris
Chris P Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote