View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #100
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I dont see how e-ink will ever produce the vibrancy we have become accustomed to from lcd devices. E-ink being a subtractive colour system, like printing, requires the use of cyan, magenta and yellow. It is very difficult to get colours like these to be able to mix the full gamut of colours that the human eye can see. Contrast can be a problem which is why in litho printing uses a black (K) ink. Ink jet printers use extra colours such as vivid magenta(epson) or even an orange(canon). Still quite ordinary additive colour devices can vastly exceed the colour gamut of very sophisticated subtractive colour systems and I suspect always will.

Still I do see a place for colour e-ink where colour accuracy is not so important and I see no reason why in time colour e-ink would not be able to match current subtractive colour displays such as the printed page.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote