View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Hi cfrizz,
I've no advice on your problem with Aldiko but you may want to try Mantano as well.
I found Aldiko to create double versions of books on my player whether I stored them on the internal or external storage. It is a known problem, for some time, and they have done nothing to correct it.
I've used Mantano, both free and now paid version, and find it much better. It is not perfect. It has a problem with a white screen/freeze problem. It does keep the page you left off but you have to clear the app from memory and it works fine.

I've also used Cool Reader and find it not bad but not as well designed as Mantano.
I wish Aldiko would clear up its' problems because it was my favorite reader app for a long time.
Oh thank God, I thought I was doing something wrong when I ended up with four copies of every book on my machine! I ended up uninstalling Aldiko & removing all my books and starting from scratch. For right now everything is fine.

I decided to just keep my books on the Galaxy and store all of my music on the card. That way I can use bookmarks. However, if I get duplicate books again I will be going to another reader all together.

Thanks Kai, you've been a lot of help!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote