View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Post The MobileRead Literary Book Club July 2011 Nominations

Help us select the work that the MobileRead Literary Book Club will read for July 2011.

The nominations will run through June 27 or until FIVE works have made the list.

Final voting (in a new poll thread) will begin by June 27, where the month's selection will be decided.

The category for this month is:

Highly Challenging (especially difficult or long works we may be hesitant to choose otherwise)

In order for a work to be included in the poll it needs FIVE NOMINATIONS (original nomination plus four others).

Each participant has three nominations. You can nominate a new work for consideration or you can nominate a work that has already been nominated by another person.

To nominate a work please just post a message with your nomination. If you are the FIRST to nominate a work, please try to provide an abstract to the work so others may consider their level of interest.

Please keep in mind the differences in nominations between the general book club and this one - only five works will make the final list here, and a work needs five nominations to make the final list here.

If anyone feels uncomfortable posting an original nomination to a work, one may PM it to me and I will post it for you anonymously. However, it may take longer for me to post it.

I may not keep an updated list of the nominees and links and such as we're nominating. I trust we can do that as a group. If anyone else wants to make and update such a list as we're nominating, I will try to edit and post a link to that particular post in my initial post for easy reference.

What is literature for the purposes of this book club? A well-regarded work. Often (but not always) it is important, challenging, critically acclaimed, has a deeper meaning, makes one think. It may be from ancient times to today; it may be from anywhere in the world; it may be obscure or famous, short or long; it may be a story, a novel, a play, a poem, an essay or another written form. If you are unsure if a work would be considered literature, post it and ask. This is an educational (and enjoyable) process for us all.

The floor is now open to nominations!
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote