View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #41
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I'm not sure why you're separating the Nook Color community out from other Android devices. All the major Android development sites I've seen have a Nook Color section in the same way they have a section for any other Android device.
Hmm, that may be a mistake on my part. Without NOOK Extras Marketplace, is it still as easy to find and install apps as it is for the Android ereaders that I'm covering so far (Velocity Micro Cruz R101 and PocketBook IQ 701)?

Consider this note from blog.laptopmag.com:
Quote:
However the tablet runs Barnes and Noble’s proprietary UI over Android and doesn’t allow you to install apps. For those who want more functionality, rooting the device and installing additional Android apps has been a difficult task frought with the risk of ruining your otherwise functional eReader.
If this is not true, please let me know. If it is true, that's what I was thinking when I listed the NOOKcolor below the other Android ereaders with regard to apps.

Last edited by hughes; 03-03-2011 at 06:18 PM.