View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Author J.K. Rowling has previously asked people to respect her embargos and described those who ruin others enjoyment as "sad individuals."
Downloading the book and reading ahead of the date it doesn't "ruin others enjoyment", but insisting on spreading spoilers all over the place can. That's the bit that I don't understand. Whether you read the book before or after the official release date, let others read it who want to before you insist on blabbing the details at them. Email lists where people like to discuss these books had to shut down days ago because some people insisted on posting spoilers. I understand the "hacker cred" motive that led people to post images of the pages (and even convert those images to text) ahead of the date, and I understand the eager anticipation that led many to download these files and read the book early. But trying to ruin the fun of others who were waiting for the "big event" was just plain mean.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote