View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
So, I liked this book. It started out well.

Some of the best parts were the reactions to the visions. For example, China's ruling party was happy because their visions showed them still in power. Québec separatists gave up. Etc.

I did think the description of the book store was interesting. (Was that in this book?) Where basically it was a place to browse ebooks and then they were printed on demand. I think the book was set in 2009 but written in 1999. I think he over estimated the level of tech that would be around in 2009.

I thought the story was strong, part 2 was the best. Part 3 I thing was an anti-climax. It didn't really work for me. Although the idea that we would dismantle the earth and moon to build a Dyson sphere was interesting, the rest was a bit far fetched. At least to me.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote