View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
a_str8
a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.a_str8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I was one of those people. Though words are always the most important part, for many of us, the experience of reading is more than just that. I've always loved the whole process of reading - from going to the bookstore/library and searching for something that piques my interest to (yes, like everyone else says) getting a whiff of new book smell when I first crack it open. I also enjoy collecting the books I've read, whether or not I plan to reread them. Right now, I have several full bookcases in my house and for years my mother has been asking me when I'm gonna take my old books from her house.

In the end, I didn't switch to ebooks because my feelings about physical books changed. I switched because my collection is about to outgrow the space I have for it. I had to choose between ending physical book purchases now or getting rid of some of my books later.

There are many advantages to ebooks, but if you grew up reading physical books, nostalgia can be a very strong motivator to stick with them
a_str8 is offline   Reply With Quote