View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeperbahn View Post
Thanks for your comment, BR. Problem is Calibre is new for me. I really don't get it what you said. Can you please be more specific. What Command Line should I install, pertaining to the issue of Bulk Conversion in Multiple format with just one click without the need of selection of each format.
If you've installed Calibre on your PC you have what you need - the command line 'programs' will be installed - look in the Calibre2 directory - you'll see a bunch of files with black icons with three white dots - such as like 'ebook-convert.exe' - these are the Calibre command line programs.

Basically you run a calibre feature (such as conversion) from a command line (Terminal in Apple lingo) rather than via the gui. You can then wrap commands in scripts (AppleScript, Perl, Powershell, Bash, AutoIt - your choice). Your script would cycle through your library looking for say MOBI files, when it finds one it would apply a series of 'ebook-convert' commands to do each of the conversions you want.

Here is a recent thread with some sample conversion scripts ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212142 If you do a search in the Calibre forum for 'scripts' and 'batch' etc you'll find more.

I suggest you create a small library to use in writing and testing the script. Once you have a satisfactory script then backup your main library before you run your script against it.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-04-2013 at 07:29 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote