View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Update - I've emailed notch and given him the full skinny, I don't forsee a problem but at least we ballsed up and asked.

Last time I did that I got the rights to remix Mike Hardings "Dangermouse" Theme tune in an electro-ish style, Happy days : ) EDIT: GO LISTEN TO MIKE HARDING, HE'S AN AWESOME PLAYER... END EDIT

In the interim it will probably be wise to get my hands on a 5 to begin the dev with swing. and then backport onto the kindle 3 platform when I am sure the jframe stuff is not getting in the way of progress. Better to succeed and work back than smack the head against the wall.

I see a few people have had a quick butchers at the code. looks perfect for a e-ink screen I think.

Cheers. See what Notch says. (or Per, who knows who says what any-more about the code) : )

Quote:
Hi Markus.

You probably never heard of me but I do a tune or two myself.

Anyways, I'm going to port your Miners4k to the kindle. not a rework or a new project based on the code techincally, just the same code mungled in the new warpper[sic] with an eink driver.

We chat about these things here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189733

Ultimately I am trying to show that E-ink - and specifically the kindle - can KICK ARSE - even in monochrome.

It's a TRAGICALLY UNDEVELOPED PLATFORM...

... Personal and litigious addendum's elided

Last edited by twobob; 09-05-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added notelette
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote