View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Looks like you've been busy. I know you where looking into porting BC macros into OpenOffice. But it looks like you've settled on using MS Wordl. If there are any macro's you'd like to included in BC send them my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
As for the MS program I used; it's very good, but also very slow on large files!
I decided that for a Bible, Notepad++ might be better. It also has color text, and macro's, and the search/replace isn't too shabby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Yes, I've used the MS Studio apps and they have came a long way. There are quite usable.
However I still use VI (Vim), yes there is a learning curve, but there are few programs this powerful that offer the performance VI has. It also handles large files much better than any app I've used.
I know quite some books that use multilinks to a single link.
Depending on how you create your book, a title referring to the index page (manual created TOC) could be seen as that.
The Bible could have multiple of those; where because of ease of use, a link could refer to next chapter, and another link to previous chapter (the same chapter)
Probably the single best use of TOC and links to navigate a complex book was written by the author Deputy-Dawg with his Summa Theologica they are absolutely fantastic.

At one point I created a macro in word that facilitated the ability to add a link, via a bookmark. The results where acceptable, but not as good as HTML HREF.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 12-23-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: updated link to the correct post in the forum
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote