View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
- You can't just read a DRM protected book on your ereader unless it's an ereader connected to the store that you bought the ebook from, eg:

Kobo store and Kobo ereader

Sony store and Sony ereader

Amazon store and Kindle ereader

- when you want to read a DRM book on an ereader not connected to the store that you bought the book from, like say you bought the ebook from Books on Board and you want to read it on your Kobo ereader, then you need to:...
Not to detract from the original question but the above is utter BS. Yes, Kepub(s) (Kobo's own epub version) & Mobi(s) (Amazon's Kindle epub) are two different kettles of fish and ARE tied to their specific ereader but even Kobo can read Mobi files from what I understand. However an epub is an epub is an epub. Same with PDFs. Doesn't matter where you bought it from. An epub bought from Kobo (NOT kepub) has the same DRM as one bought from Books on Board or borrowed from your local library.

Having said that and to get a bit back on topic. I have had problems before where a purchased EPUB book or one borrowed from a library appears to load fine into ADE but would not transfer properly to my Kobo. The problem was a corrupt file. Deleting the file and re-downloading fixed the issue. I don't know if this is the case anymore with the 2.0 version of ADE. I also can't speak if this problem would happen regarding PDFs.

I do advocate removing the DRM from your purchased books for your own sanity and for back up protection. My photos, music and ebooks are backed up onto a Passport drive and stored in a fireproof safe because you just never know.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote