View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #97
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
This would be hillarious, if it weren't so friggin sad.
But it is the same for me. After you asked me yesterday if I did not see a color blotch on my display that you saw on my pick, I waited franctically for my kids to be back from school so that I could ask my son, who at 12 is really thorough with what he sees (he picks up things you would never see, when he was smaller we thought he had a delirious imagination) and has an incredible eyesight, to check the display for me.

So, according to Petit Prince :
* There are shadows on the lower fifth band of the display. Some are probably due to the LED, some could be blotches, because there is a subtle tan hue in them.

* There are no blotches or shadows elsewhere.

* Overall, the display cannot be qualified as white. I called it very light grey, but he says it is off white.

Since I read that displays are changing and could turn bad after a few days (it's Gremlins all over again... Yep, I am that old !), I'll keep asking him. He is an e-reading fan anyway, so he understands my concern.

But, and here it comes : for him, after having compared the K4S, the K4B, the Paperwhite and the KK we have at home, the winner for best display and contrast is........
The KK.

That really surprised me, but I get his point. Of all 4 that we have here for the time being (the K4B is not for us, it is a present for my parents), his KK has indeed the best Display/Contrast ratio. It is his, so he got a bit worried afterwards he was not to keep it , but I'll never take it back, he is too much in love with it !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote