View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystl View Post
Tausin--how arrogant to call them "a classroom full of idiots" for not doing full book scans for a quote for something unique to one page . Some of those books are 100s of pages long. Oh, and please do not forget--it was a mixed class--both pbb and eb.
I don't think you understand what I mean by "full text search." You pull up the search function, you type in something, and you hit "search." It doesn't matter how many pages the file might be, the search function will find any exact match. If it isn't completely unique, there will be a "find next" button you tap, and on you go to the next. So long as it's reasonably unusual, it's trivial to find what you're looking for. Really. While I don't really believe the article is all that reliable a source, if the account is accurate, it takes a special kind of clueless to have nobody around who is familiar with this very, very basic function.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote