View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
It's not just the "old" guys who don't like/want a touchscreen on their e-reader...
I've owned several of the touchscreen models and to be honest touchscreens on eInk or pretty slow. It is not as responsive as an iPad or Android tablet that have LCD screens. I came to realize that I could accomplish nearly any ereading task just as fast if not faster on the Kindle as on the touchscreen eInk readers. A lot of that probably has to do with the UI being so elegant and user friendly on the Kindle and not so good on many of the touchscreen ereaders. I'm sure screen refresh has a lot to do with it too. About the only two things I could do faster on any of the touchscreen ereaders was that some of them have a long press that automatically selects a word and then brings up the dictionary. The other is selecting a book to open. That is definitely faster on the touchscreen if the UI was designed well. But overall, I find I get things accomplished a bit faster on the Kindle.

Having said that, Amazon should definitely come up with a better trackpad system. The current one is way too small for fat fingers and way too sensitive.

Last edited by jswinden; 07-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.