View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
You're right, not that it seems to be doing Amazon a lot of good. Every time Ipsos Reid does their Mobilogy study, more people express intention to buy Kindles than any other brand of e-reader, but every subsequent study shows more Kobo e-readers selling than anything else (more than 2:1 over Kindles). That tells me that the uninitiated know about Kindle, but as people start diving in to it they end up getting Kobo (more often than not).

And Canada got the better half of the deal between Kobo and Rakuten. Most of the jobs are in Canada. In theory the profits would go to Japan, if there ever are any. It's hard to profit in an industry where you sell your e-readers at, or below, cost to consumers, and where capital investments into new devices, new software, etc., are ever-present.
Well Kobo Mini was very cheap during black Friday and it is a far better reader IMO than kindle. Plus you can download library books I am sure if Kobo stays on the ball they will surpass kindle. I just doubt it will be this year.

Kobo readers have been around for a while and lower priced than most. Till the Glo and the Mini it was a pretty flat market. They generally underpriced the market and were still going nowhere until recently when they produced a better product and marketed internationally. I just hope they keep it up.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote