View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Zeph3r
Zeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Exclamation Constant crashes Kindle Touch

I bought a Kindle Touch about a year ago. It crashes frequently and randomly, sometimes it will crash when I am scrolling through the list of books, sometimes even when I am reading a page and not touching the Kindle at all. These crashes happen with both the 5.0.4 and 5.1.4 firmwares. Just a few moments ago I turned on the Kindle to read something, and it crashed. After a hard reset it now displays the Repair Needed screen. I know how to reflash it and/or wipe the settings.

Ok, here is the question: How can I stop these crashes?

I have jailbroken, but that makes no difference in the crash rate.

Kindle OS is Linux under the hood, so could I load something else? Or would that be too much trouble? Screen drivers? ect.?

All my books are in .txt format except for the kindle users manual and one amazon store book.

IT CAN"T EVEN READ A PLAIN TEXT FILE WITHOUT CRASHING IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!!!

I would appreciate any thoughts or help on what to do.

Thank You,

-Zeph3r
Zeph3r is offline   Reply With Quote