View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmoke53 View Post
Calibre says it has DRM and won't convert it. I sideloaded it to my Jetbook lite and it comes up gibberish...

My old Ipaq running Mobipocket Reader reads it fine, so Mobipocket software somehow knows how to decrypt the format.

Also the Desktop Mobipocket shows in properties that the eBook is content encrypted.
Well, you got something wrong there, because it came up fine for me in the mobi reader I did change the extension to .mobi btw when I tried it at work, but I just checked it again here at home and it comes up fine as is, no extension change or anything.

I get the "protected" error when I try to open it in Calibre.

Moved it to my kindle2 and it works fine.

Looks like it may be a problem with the Calibre viewer (or perhaps a corrupt file).

Last edited by kennyc; 02-04-2010 at 09:19 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote