View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #30
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The Apple iBooks sample had the endnotes broken into chapter headings in the ToC. The Kindle version just has an endnotes category in the ToC. What I have done in the Kindle version is create a bookmark at the chapter I'm reading within the endnotes so at least I can move back and forth using the bookmark. Hope that helps a little.
I'm finding that the iBook version is fairly easy to navigate because it is a simple matter to move back and forth from text to note within specific chapters. Even here it would be handy to have direct immediate links to and from the endnotes (as, for instance, one finds in the Burton Arabian Nights}.

I tend to browse the notes to a specific chapter first and place a bookmark at any explanatory reference that looks interesting {many are simply source references}. But that's only my personal approach--which I do for a hard copy version as well.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 03-24-2013 at 06:04 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote