View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #21
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Even in printed books, adding margins on both sides for letters and other blockquote-ish material is not a set rule. I've seen many books where these "blockquotes" are given with some top/bottom margin, or with a smaller (or larger) font, or with no different formatting at all.

I suppose that, in a normal novel, where blockquotes are usually few and relatively short, side margins are OK and look nice. In another kind of books with many such fragments, which can be much longer, I'd choose something different, maybe even adding a border (ugh!)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote