View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'm still interested in answering the original question.

_IF_ one were buying a 6" eInk reading device for reading PDFs (even after everyone has tried to talk one out of it), what device would people recommend?

I've only tried Kindle (Touch and Paperwhite) and Sony PRS-T1 (I assume later models are about the same). Sony is a little better, because you can do on device cropping (manual or auto) and settings stick with the document (different PDFs may require different optimizations). On Kindle settings are global and there is only auto cropping of whitespace. Also Sony allows for use of stylus to mark up documents and has PDF reflow.

I suspect Kobo's support is more basic.

Nook STR PDF support is not very good. No landscape viewing, no PDF bookmark or link support.

Last edited by tomsem; 09-15-2013 at 01:20 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote