View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #16222
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Couldn't decide on what to read after The Hound of the Baskervilles, so I filled in the rest of today with some short stories I had on my Kindle. Jigsaw by Douglas Smith, The Moon is Green by Fritz Leiber, Rikki-Tikki-Tavi by Rudyard Kipling
I moved from short stories to some non-fiction - EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey. He has some good, down to earth advice about being a leader, specifically of a small or growing business, but it can be applied to everyone. This one took me 2 full weeks to finish though so it really slowed down my pace for the year. (I did have an illness and a business trip during that time as mitigating factors.)

Then I read Slow Life by Michael Swanwick while deciding which longer story to read. An excellent "novelette" as recommended above by fantasyfan a few days ago.

I then continued my read of Randolph Lalonde's Spinward Fringe series with Broadcast 5: Fracture. I purchased this back in September 2011 and never got to it since it is part of an internal trilogy which wasn't ready at the time. I am really enjoying the story line in this series, but the timeline is too condensed for it to be believable. You can't get 1,000 people to all work together as an integrated team in less than 2 weeks and you can't train soldiers in that time and expect them to be effective. Still, the premise of the series is enough that I will probably continue, but I am going to take a break again.

Next up is A Clean Kill in Tokyo by Barry Eisler, previously published as Rain Fall. I have been wanting to read some more action/thriller books for a while, so this should scratch that itch.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote