View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
bonzi
Enthusiast
bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bonzi once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2i, K3/KK WiFi, Basic (old), 2xFire, 2xPW (old), Voyage, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Actually, no. The K2's rickety browser relied on what mime-type the web server was reporting for a file to be properly downloaded (along with the extension). If the Kindle's browser was relying entirely on the file's extension... there would have been no need to configure the server's mime-types. It would have just worked... with no extra configuration necessary.
Hm, my K2i browser was happily downloading the same files that K3 was trying to display instead. That sent me searching for solution which I found here. It never occurred to me to inspect http headers.

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks again! (Ah, there's a glorified emoticon for that here: )
bonzi is offline   Reply With Quote