Thread: NIV Bible
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakura82 View Post
Honestly, if one verse is tarnished, one can assume that other versus may be messed up as well. As I said, many people have lived their lives based off this book for thousands of years.
It's probably something no more serious than missing a small-caps font out of the ePub file. Dismissing the whole thing just because of the capitalisation of a word just seems a little drastic to me. If someone is that fussed about truly accurate text, aren't they going to be reading the original, anyway, rather than a translation? After all, any translation is losing a heck of a lot more than (no disrespect intended) something as minor as this. I know that when I read the New Testament in its original Koine Greek, I'm amazed by the "liberties" that many translations take with what it really says!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote