View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
What I discovered is that my Sony reader will have a uniform space of its own choosing when I used   between the periods of the ellipse no matter what width you try to set in a stylesheet. The ellipse is never stretched out to justify the text
I think that's a side-effect of Adobe engine, it doesn't stretch an &nbps;, that's sometimes nice, and sometimes it isn't. Which is not nice at all is the fact that you can't rely on it, because there's no specification saying it should work one way or the other (as far as I know).

Quote:
When viewing the same epub through Sigil's or Calibre's viewers, the spacing will be uniform only if the text is not justified. If it's justified, then the PC viewers will stretch out the spacing between the periods as it needs, making it look pretty bad horrible.
I guess you could wrap the whole thing (dots plus spaces) in a <span> with "white-space: pre" or something similar.

As it has been said before. Spaces or not is mainly a matter of preference, but for goodness' sake, be consistent.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote