View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I prefer using the Calibre server to Dropbox because of the search/sorting ability and the catalogue aspect (you can see your covers and synopsis for each book) which dropbox doesn't have.
You need to know your computer's local ip address:
On your PC, click start, type cmd in the search box. On DOS screen type ipconfig. The ip address is the one labelled IPv4. Should look something like this: 192.168.1.110, write this down.
On PC, make sure Calibre is ON, Calibre server is ON.
On the Sony ereader, ensure Wifi is ON, open a browser window and type:
(http://192.168.1.110:8080/browse (where 192.168.1.110, is your own local ip address you had written down, 8080 is the default Calibre port.)
I set this address as my home page, it will display the following choices in the Calibre menu on the web page in your reader's browser:
- newest
- all books
- authors
- languages
- publishers
- rating
- series
- tags
Tapping one will bring you to a menu which displays the book covers, synopsis and a "get" button below each cover to allow you to download the book chosen.

I have set this url as my home page so I can quickly open the Calibre link and select books to load wirelessly onto my reader.

Just tried this, but no luck. I had Calibre running, but what do you mean: Calibre Server on?

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote