View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #7
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
I'm a little leery of believing that Apple is going to focus more on reading then other stuff on the Tablet.

From what I've gleaned from reading around, and looking at Apple's past behaviour, its much more likely to be more Media and Web focused like the iPhone or Touch.

While eBooks may be supported, It's probably going to be a minor point as opposed to the primary focus. Keep in mind that the majority of people only read a couple of books a year, while about 10% of the population buy 80% of books.
I am with you on this one. Probably it will focus yet on e-book functionality as it is kind of a new one for them but for sure, Steve Jobs does want to hit the masses and not just a specific targeted user. So, probably it's also going to be a multimedia device but i doubt (with how larger it is than my iPhone), if i will make that my iPod/music device. LOL

btw, it feels good to have an end to all these rumor.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote