View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I'm a little leery of believing that Apple is going to focus more on reading then other stuff on the Tablet.

From what I've gleaned from reading around, and looking at Apple's past behaviour, its much more likely to be more Media and Web focused like the iPhone or Touch.

While eBooks may be supported, It's probably going to be a minor point as opposed to the primary focus. Keep in mind that the majority of people only read a couple of books a year, while about 10% of the population buy 80% of books.

As such just focusing on readers while a good market, does not meet Apple's usual focus of meeting and addressing Mass market needs. Keeping in mind the success (Not) of their only Niche product on their Product Sheet, The Apple TV, I think its unlikely they are going to go for a another more narrowly focused device.

Focusing on Media on the other hand, especially with the new Digital LP's they just introduce does make more sense. Coupling it with a good App store (and Offering Background Processing) you could have a good device to handle Web, email, Media consumption and simple document creation, Most of what Netbooks are really used for nowadays, but in a more compact and friendly interface.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote