View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #462
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I hate to add a third post in a row to the tail of this thread, but it seems like a meaningful update; the Nook HD+ put this matter to rest for me. I said again and again that I wouldn't be buying a tablet this year, but the combination of that screen (higher res than my 22" monitor), the SD slot, and a successful method for getting Google Play on there put me over the line.

The SD slot makes everything so much easier. I have a 64GB card in the mail, but in the meantime I just pop in the 32GB card from my Nook Color and all my books and comics are right there, along with my Titanium Backup folder of all my apps. The HD+ routes the /sdcard partition to internal storage, with the actual SD at /ext_sdcard, so apps will save data to the internal storage by default, but in most apps that can be addressed in settings and in the meantime you can swap out cards easily without scrambling your apps. The card slot is also much more accessible than the old Nook design--it's one of the better designs I've seen for a secure yet accessible memory card on any mobile device.

Last edited by taosaur; 11-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote