Thread: PRS-500 RasterFarian 2.5 Beta
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #65
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
I made a litle beginning (or more like an ending) to do a rasterfarian in C#, and managed to do the netbpm, create lrs and output to lrf part (only missing the ghostview part), but then I stopped because... "why should I program it, if you were doing a good job already?" It's better to leave it up to you because I know for sure that I won't have time to update it.

And my other program wasn't really well accepted anyway.

ps. i had major trouble going through the CMD-code though.. with all the goto, lack of syntax highlighting and natural variablenames, it's kinda hard to read through it...
Well, I think that you should've continued it and done the conversion. If someone wants to "hack" the current rasterfarian, to understand the existing code is not easy at all. as alex has mentioned that he has no love for the current code, so you should step up and do the conversion -- that's the spirit of open source Then alex_d and you could've continued the development with a much better codebase....

Also, if you want you can refer to the source code for pdfread -- it's in python, but the tools used and intent are very much similiar.