View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Red face New 505 not showing as device in Windows

Bought a new 505...

Plugged it in to charge while I was installing the eBook Library software. At that time, the device was detected by Windows (XP MCE) and I could see that the unit was in its 'USB connected state.'

Somewhere during that process, I got an error relating to the USB device and it has been invisible ever since.

The unit no longer shows that it's connected via USB and no storage device shows in Windows.

eBook library no longer shows its contents.

A soft reset didn't seem to help, not did several Windows reboots.

I hate to sound like a noob (but on this subject, I am...), but is there any advice for what should be a straightforward device connect?

My site searching failed me, tonight...

Thanks.

-Joe
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote