View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Unhappy Filling out my characters?

I'm in the process of writing my nano novel and don't truly know my characters. Usually, they come to my mind as fully formed people, but these are strangers to me. I know how old they are, am not sure what they do for a living - except that the main pair are some kind of non-manual workers - and I know what a couple of the characters look like. But that's it, they're not "real" people to me, they feel flat and lifeless.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any good on or offline character charts I can quickly play with to make them real? If you do, please tell me where to find them. I'll need something which I can go through fairly quickly: nano doesn't allow me much time to play around with things I should really have done pre-November.

Although my word count is roughly on target, I have a basic plot outline etc, but I'm floundering as far as the people are concerned; they feel like pawns I'm moving around the chessboard of my plot.

Please help.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote