View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #30
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
OK, so if your country decides tomorrow that the copyright on books is unconstitutional, you would be fine with lending out your entire library to everyone??
I think you miss the point. If you publish a book at Amazon or B&N, most times you (the author) are allowing Amazon or B&N to LEND the book once at the purchaser's request. This is in the CONTRACT that you enter with Amazon or B&N.

LendInk did not loan you the book, when you went and asked for a book to be loaned to you, it redirected you to Amazon. Amazon then LOANED you the book as is their right under the CONTRACT YOU (the author) AGREED TO.

If you still don't understand, try this:

I own a car, you and I sign a lease, whereby you get the total use of the car, (including the right to carry riders or loan the car out) for 3 years in exchange of monthly payments to me. You then let your wife or friend ride or drive the car.

What these idiots did is akin of me raising hell because you let someone else ride or drive the car, something that you and agreed beforehand by contract.

Is that clearer in any way?

ART

Last edited by artbatista; 08-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote