View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #50
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
eureka,

thanks for taking the initiative with transifex. I just signed up there, but I'm unsure of how to make sense of it.

I see that there is essentially 1 "resource" for every .properties file (every resource bundle). I also see quite a few translations for many languages already -- where do they come from?
All these resources were extracted straight from "KindleTouch" file, which was in kt-localization.zip attached to one of your previous messages. Some strings in this file are prefixed with locale ('@de@<...>' for example). In converting process they were placed in separate .properties files (according to their qualified class name) for this locale. These files were uploaded to transifex as translation from default locale (en_US).

Quote:
I don't see any teams yet, or am I just looking in the wrong place?
Teams must be created. There is the first required step. I didn't create any team yet, it's up to translators. If you are logged in transifex, you should view "Request a new team" button after following the link I gave earlier.

Quote:
And what is the procedure for updating translations? The one that I'm currently seeing is to click on a file first, then click on a language, then change strings. Is this how it's intended to be used? Or is it rather via your command-line importer/exporter tool? (Haven't tried that yet)
Editing can be made via various ways. Editing via web or locally (with exporting/importing by command-line client) are equivalent. As I didn't translate nothing by myself yet, I can't describe it more detaily.

Quote:
BTW, I quickly took a look at the tool's source code. I'm not horribly proficient at python, but are you sure you are following the "semantics" that I "documented" at the beginning of the file? In particular, this part:
Code:
# - some properties share the same original string. In this case,        #
#   it is sufficient to define it only once. Any properties which        #
#   DO NOT provide a value (don't have a "=" inside) will take the       #
#   last value that was defined. Look a few lines down, you will         #
#   see an example with the "Done" string present in multiple files.     #
Code:
### Kindle3Locs!com.lab126.booklet.browser.resources.UIHeaderResources#progress.done.caption@de
#Erledigt
### Kindle3Locs!ebook.booklet.home.foundation.resources.CollectionsToItemResources#collectionstoitem.done.button.text@de Kindle3Locs!ebook.booklet.home.foundation.resources.ItemsToCollectionResources#itemstocollection.done.button.text@de Kindle3Locs!ebook.booklet.reader.resources.ReaderResources#gui.overlay.edit_description.done.label@de Kindle4!ebook.framework.resources.KeyboardResources#symbols.close.key.label@de
#Fertig
ebook.booklet.pdfreader.impl.resources.PDFReaderImplResources#pdfreader.pdfsearch.done=TEST
kindle.home.resources.AddToCollectionsResources#panel.donebutton.label
kindle.home.resources.ItemsToCollectionResources#panel.donebutton.label
In the above case, there would be THREE properties in 3 files all being assigned the value "TEST". Are you sure you're treating it this way?
Tool is extracting/constructing only the file "KindleTouch" provided in your kt-localization.zip. Are you sure that these rules are applicable to it?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote