Thread: Cheap Old Palms
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
Chicken Warrior
Chicken Warrior began at the beginning.

Cheap Old Palms

Hey,
I'm a big fan of ebooks but I've never made the 'big purchase' that would allow me to read anywhere but in front of my computer. The problem is, I really don't have enough money to blow on an ebookwise or Sony Reader.

I have seen a lot of old Palm computers (ranging from the IIIe to the Treo 90) for super cheap, new. I have an old computer and OSX w/ classic, so I know these would work with my computer...but would they work with ebooks? How hard is it to get PDFs to something like the Treo? Is the software you can download now from adobe's webpage compatible with older Palm OSs? I don't care too much about screen quality, but I really like the treo for its keyboard. Would it work at all, or would i spend most of my time fiddling around trying to transfer my ebook collection?

Thanks for any advice!

EDIT: Also, would old blackberries work at all? With macs? I have a friend who has a bunch of them that should be unlocked, but he's not using.

EDIT AGAIN: I imagine a Zire 21 would do the job just fine. There's one used locally for 25. Good price?

- CW

Last edited by Chicken Warrior; 04-08-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Chicken Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote