View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 PM   #19
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
I've got a couple of 1100s, 1150s, a 1200 and 2150. Of all, the 1150 was my fave, for both the browse-able bookshelf and ergonomic form factor.

Three things pushed me over to eInk, and the screen, though lovely, was the least important of the three. Mainly I hated the 128K Card limit and the short battery life.

I could probably handle the size limit now having adapted to carrying only a subset of books, since thanks to Sony's menu system, keeping your whole library on a honking big memory card makes your unit almost unmanageable, but the 10 hour battery life would still drive me nuts. Nothing worse than getting to the last chapter of a book and having your reader go dead.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote