View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #45
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
There are both kind of series out there: those which have to be this way to tell the whole story. And the necrotyped because of the money in it.
Sapkowski said: "Of course I could keep on cranking out witcher novels - but why? The story is told I'm done." It 'd be nice if other authors would have the balls to do the same.
Two masters at cranking them out are Ed McBain with his 87th Precinct novels and Georges Simenon's Inspector Maigret novels. Simenon once boasted that he could crank out a new Maigret novel in 3 weeks, take a wekk off, and crank out the next.

I have to admit, however, that I never got bored by either the 87th Precinct or the Inspector Maigret novels, no matter how many there were or how frequently they were produced.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote