View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #9
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I know we've been down this path before, but this is why I've got AdBlock, Ghostery and BetterPrivacy loaded. Ain't a perfect solution (should be blocking Javascript), but it's better than nothing.
...yet no NoScript? Weird. :P

And it's just a browser toolbar, really, the type of thing we've been quietly and gently asking our less tech-savvy relatives to STOP INSTALLING THAT CRAP EVERY TIME I TURN MY BACK!!!!!, er, sorry 'bout that, for the last 15+ years.

At least it has one positive aspect, unlike Yahoo, Google, Ask.com, etc., toolbars - I don't think Amazon have been scummy enough to bundle their toolbar with other software and make it a very easy-to-miss opt-out.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote